Monday, June 18, 2007

Tiger Woods Gets A Birdy...Oops! I Mean Baby!

Less than 24 hours after Woods finished second at the U.S. Open on Father's Day, his wife gave birth to a daughter. Woods announced on his website tigerwoods.com that Sam Alexis Woods was born early Monday morning.

"Both Elin and Sam are doing well and resting peacefully," Woods wrote. "We want to thank our doctors and the hospital staff for all their dedicated and hard work. This is truly a special time in our lives and we look forward to introducing Sam to our family and friends over the next few weeks. We thank everyone for their well wishes and continued respect of our privacy."

Woods said he would miss a major if it meant seeing the birth of his child. Now he won't have to, but it's not clear how his upcoming schedule with be effected. "I'm pacing myself already just because of the fact that I have a baby coming up," Woods said about two weeks ago. "I don't know how much I'm going to play after that or how much I'm going to play before that. A lot of that is depending on what happens and the health of Elin and our child."

Congratulations Tiger on a job well done! Can't wait to see the pictures of how pretty this kid looks considering the genetic makeup of Mommy and Daddy!