Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Keith Richards Shows The World How Bizarre The Drug Culture Can Be

Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all. I've never been a big fan of the Rolling Stones and when I saw them a year ago in Anaheim, CA, I knew that Keith was definitely pretty strange just by the way he presented himself onstage. Now, his bizarre nature has been proven without a doubt. Read on.

On Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine. "The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME. "He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84. Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him. "I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying. "I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

I think that Keith Richards is a living example of how bad drugs can keep you going, and going, and going, and going. You get the point. He also shows us how bizarre the drug culture makes people act. I think Keith should be the poster child for the anti-drug campaign. Just show any kid trying to use drugs that this is what you'll look like (look at the picture at the top again) after a life of this crap and I'll bet most kids would run for the hills! If he keeps going the way he is when he passes they won't even need to embalm him!

My new slogan for 2007...Keith Richards - The Anti-Drug!