Tuesday, April 3, 2007

An Artist Who Makes Me Laugh

It's not often that I walk by an art gallery and get a good laugh. But in recent months, as I do my daily walk through The Grove and the Old Farmer's Market in LA, I've walked by an art gallery that has a unique collection of artwork from an artist named Todd Goldman. His stuff is expensive for the original art but posters are available all over the internet. Everytime I see this guys work, I get a good laugh and decided to share it with you. But before I do, let me tell you about this creative artist who has a knack for putting life in a different perspective.

Todd Harris Goldman is an American entrepreneur/artist. He designed "boy-bashing" slogans seen on t-shirts, bumper stickers, and other accessories. Goldman has stated that "The reason we have boys [on the shirts] is that our customers are teenage girls." The slogans have attracted negative press, but Goldman has responded with a feint, stating "I couldn't pay for this press."

Goldman was named as number 97 on Bernard Goldberg's list of 100 People Who Are Screwing Up America. Goldberg criticized Goldman's slogans for being part of a current boy-bashing craze, while the makers don't realize (or don't care) that young men have higher rates of depression and suicide than young girls in America. Goldman welcomed the criticism and replied that "He hopes to be ranked higher next year."

So ladies and gentleman, so that you can get a laugh just like I do, here are some sample of work from Todd Goldman. Andy by the way, have a great day!