Sunday, March 9, 2008

Look Out America: The Prez Is Goin' Hip Hop!

If there's one thing about President George Bush that I like, it's got to be the fact that at least he can laugh at himself while we're laughing at him. And the comedy just seems to go on. The standup comic President Bush said an early farewell to political Washington on Saturday night, making his first appearance on the stage of the Gridiron Club of Washington journalists. Bush surprised the white-tie audience of more than 600, including Supreme Court justices, Cabinet members and lawmakers, by appearing as the final act of the club's annual revue. To the tune of "Green Green Grass of Home," he sang about looking forward to his return to Texas. "As I step down from the plane and there to meet me is my mama and my papa, down the lane I look and here comes Barney, heart of gold and breath like honey," the president warbled. I can hear the dogs howling now!

The audience was surprised by Bush's appearance and rose to applaud his attempt at singing. "Yes, you're gonna miss me, the way you used to quiz me...It's good to touch the brown brown grass of home." This was the first time he sang, donning a cowboy hat and joining the chorus to say farewell but recently he's been making some attempts at securing a career in dance on some MTV or VH1 show recently. He's appeared performing dances with African performers at the White House in April 2007, and danced a few steps this month while waiting for John McCain at the White House.

You gotta give this guy some credit. He thinks he can dance. Heck, he even thinks he can be President. I'm looking forward to seeing what his Hollywood aspirations will be after the White House. Maybe Dancing With The Stars? Hmmmm.