Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Behind The Green Door - Another Sequel: A Sad Commentary On Politics In America

He had built his political legacy on stamping out corruption. He had served two terms as attorney general where he pursued criminal and civil cases and cracked down on misconduct and conflicts of interests on Wall Street and in corporate America. He had previously been a prosecutor in the Manhattan District Attorney's Office, handling organized crime and white-collar crime cases. His cases as state attorney general included a few criminal prosecutions of prostitution rings and into tourism involving prostitutes. Now, the man known as the Sheriff of Wall Street is in deep dog doo! And how many times have we seen this? Too many to count. Truly, it's a sad statement for our political and justice system. What the hell was this guy thinking?

The fact that his political career is ending is no big deal. We've seen this before. The most embarassing part of all, during a news conference Monday afternoon, Spitzer apologized to his family and the public, but did not go as far as to explain why. "I have acted in a way that violates my obligations to my family and violates my, or any, sense of right and wrong," he said in a brief statement. "I have disappointed and failed to live up to the standard I expected of myself. I must now dedicate some time to regain the trust of my family," he said alongside his wife, Silda Wall Spitzer, who was visibly upset as he spoke. Visibly? She barely looked up? Again, what the hell was he thinking? The couple has three daughters together! I can't imagine what their school life will be like in the coming future.

How in the heck could anyone spend $5,500 an hour for a hooker and not think anyone is going to notice? And we know now that "Client 9" had used the service before. I still can't figure out why he did this? I guess when you think with the wrong head, you're bound to get into trouble! This should give the media something to knaw on for weeks!